Monday, February 6, 2017

Signature Handle Bar 12" Chrome on a 2016 Road Glide

We under stand it can be hard to choose between the 14" or 12" rise Signature handle bar for 2015-2017 Road Glides. So here is some pictures to show how a Chrome 12" Signature looks. Notice the peak of the bar is even with the top of the fairing (not the glass like a 14"). Keep in mind you can adjust this bar because we have put a slotted hole for the riser pin. Always make sure the handle bar has our signature Factory 47 badge on the bottom right corner. The 12" Signature handle bar allows you to use all your stock cables and wires. Plus you do not need to modify anything. The bottom step down is machined out of DOM so there is no weld. The grip is double swaged with a hole for the new control pins. All Signatures have holes for internal wiring and slotted for throttle-by-wire. Most customers ask our opinion on which bar is better the 14" or the 12" and to be honest that is all based on your height and preference, but we can tell you that 90 percent of Signatures ordered are 14" and we have never received a customer complaint on that height. But we will always advise choosing a 12" over a 10" because the 10" is so close to stock it doesn't offer the same look, plus keep in mind as you pull the handle bar back toward you the grips move downward. Most customers that decide to go with the 12" want to play it safe and in this case if you choose a 12" or a 14" they booth look great.






4 comments:

  1. What's the pullback range on a 12" signature bar? Your specs list 7.5" pullback, but the photo makes it look like the bars a almost vertical. How low/far back can I go on '15 FLTRXS? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recieved my 12" in flat black......I'm 5'6" and they fit perfectly and look awesome on my 2017 Road Glide. They were a breeze to install using the pull chain method as descibed in the video. Disassembly of the connectors wasn't required on the 2017 HD uses small Deutch connectors. The 12" gives me a a very comfortable ride with my hands just below my shoulders. Now if I can get them to send me a Factory 47 sticker for my toolbox I'd be happy.....great service and great product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 2018 CVO Road Glide and I will buy a 12" Signature and I would like to know the differences between 2018 Road Glide Special and 2018 CVO Road Glide. I know that the wheels change from 19" to 21" but I don't know if this wheels size difference change something on the bar selection regarding to the stock wires and clutch & brake hoses. Is same bar for both bikes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever have a sale?? 12 black road glide???

    ReplyDelete